There are two types of tests to perform: testing
signals within your home and testing the signal from your home to the
monitoring center. The procedures vary slightly depending on the
manufacturer of the system. If you have one, refer to the owners'
manual to test according to your system type. If not, the following
test procedures will.
Testing the operation of all door and
window contacts, and motion detectors.
1. Verify that the system is in "READY" mode. Do not arm it!
2. Open each protected door or window, one at a time.
3. Check that the keypad displays the door or window you are testing is open.
4. Close the respective door or window. The keypad should display.
5. Repeat this procedure for each sensor in the system
Testing the signal transmission to the Monitoring Station.
1. Call the Monitoring Station and ask that your system be placed
in ˇ°TESTˇ± mode. Be ready to give your monitoring account number
and password to the operator.
2. Arm your system as usual and set it off by opening a door or
window, or by tripping a motion detector. Allow the alarm to
sound for at least one minute.
3. Turn off your system and reset it to ˇ°READYˇ± mode.
4. Verify that the signal was received by the Monitoring Station.
5. Call the Monitoring Station to take system off test.
If you have additional questions regarding testing your system call us